https://beta.publishers.adsterra.com

banner

Monday, October 5, 2026

THE SECOND NO CHAPTER TEN: The Kindness That Hurts (Three Months Before the Wedding)

 

CHAPTER TEN: The Kindness That Hurts (Three Months Before the Wedding)



Maya cancelled the cake tasting the next morning. She called Leo and told him she was sick.

 

He came home two hours later with a bag of groceries and a worried expression. He found her curled up on the couch, wrapped in a blanket, staring at the television without seeing it.

 

"Hey." He knelt beside her, pressing the back of his hand to her forehead. "You're not warm. What's going on? Are you okay?"

 

"Just tired," she whispered. "I don't feel well. I think I'm just exhausted. The wedding. The planning. Everything."

 

"Okay." He didn't push. He never pushed. Instead, he went to the kitchen and made her a bowl of soup—her favorite, chicken and rice, with extra ginger, the way her grandmother used to make it. He brought it to her on a tray with a glass of water and a small note that said: *"I love you. Rest. I'll handle everything."*

 

Maya's heart cracked.

 

She wanted to throw the soup at him. She wanted to scream: *Stop being so kind! Stop making it harder! Stop pretending everything is fine when you're hiding half your life from me! Stop being the man I fell in love with when you're also the man who lies to me!*

 

But she didn't.

 

She ate the soup. She let him kiss her forehead. She let him tuck her into bed and tell her to sleep. She let him be kind while she drowned in guilt.

 

And when he left the room, she pulled out her phone and texted Rachel: *"Can we meet tomorrow? I need to talk to you. It's important. Please."*



Rachel replied within minutes: *"Of course. Same coffee shop. 10 AM. Everything okay?"*

 

Maya typed back: *"No. But I'm going to make it okay. I hope."*

 

She didn't sleep that night.

 

PART III: THE GAME

 


note "this story is against rules of all religion which encourage the right way of engagement then marriage, not any sex before wed


ding "



get 50% of price when buy from "https://sites.google.com/view/payhipbooks-discount/home"  using "memo"code 


 https://sites.google.com/view/get-less-weight/natural-mind-energy-focus


 

 

 

 


 

 

 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment